"Heart of South Alabama"
Andalusia considers itself the "Heart of South Alabama". It is located in the southern-most part of the state in Covington County.
Here are some interesting facts about Andalusia:
- County seat and largest city in Covington County.
- The Economic Center of Covington County.
- $1.8 million dollar Downtown Revitalization Project.
- Excellent City School system that consistently performs well above the state and national averages on standardized tests and other assessments.
- Andalusia features a 250-acre Industrial Park.
- State of the art Construction/Demolition Landfill & Recycling facilities.
- Excellent general aviation facility at South Alabama Regional Airport at Bill Benton Field, formerly known as Andalusia-Opp Airport, is a public airport located four miles east of the central business district of Andalusia. The airport features a 6,000 feet runway.
- Outstanding Recreational Facilities including a state of the art Softball Complex, 18-acre public fishing lake, public swimming pools, Adult Activity Center and a public golf course located on the campus of Lurleen B. Wallace Community College.
Covington County, Alabama, is a great place to locate and grow your business. Covington County communities are well organized for economic development and can work quickly to meet business needs. Covington County has educational programs that offer ongoing, progressive business/education partnerships. It also has a cost effective government that offers high quality services while boasting property taxes that are among the lowest in Alabama.
Covington County Economic Development Commission
21754 Bill Benton Lane
Andalusia, AL 36421